SHAREit for PC – How to use SHAREit on Windows
Computer files were initially shared using removable memory storage devices. Since the spread of internet maximum users depend on it to share files. Despite its reach internet connectivity is still sketchy in some situations. This is a huge problem when you have to share an important file without an internet connection. Although USB storage drives can be used these are frequently deemed unsafe to share sensitive information.
This is where SHAREIt comes as an excellent solution. You can use SHAREIt for PC for free and share files wirelessly with complete safety. In this article, you will learn all you need to know about SHAREIt. Read about its innovative technology and features. You will also learn how to download SHAREIt for PC so you can begin sharing files safer and faster without the need for an internet connection.
What is SHAREIt?
SHAREIt is an incredibly secure and efficient file sharing app available for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android operating systems. Hence, it can be used on computers and smartphones too.
SHAREIt provides a safe connection with another compatible device within a specified physical range. It is considerably faster than the modern Bluetooth or NFC techniques used often for wireless file sharing. The highlighting features of SHAREIt app make it inherently faster than Bluetooth and NFC and noticeably safer than USB drives for sharing files. Hence, SHAREIt for PC has become a top choice for professional and amateurs to share files offline.
This app uses the advanced Wi-Fi Direct technology to make cables, memory storage devices and other file-sharing technique almost obsolete. Some fun facts about SHAREIt:
- SHAREIt also offers a wide range of entertainment options, including music, videos, movies, GIFs, etc in collaboration with Times Music
- SHAREIt was initially released in 2015 but now reports a user-count exceeding an impressive 1.5 billion users globally.
- SHAREIt has ranked as one of the Top 10 Most Downloaded Apps on Google Play for over 10 years now.
- SHAREIt is found in 1 out of every 5 computer devices and smartphones around the world.
- SHAREIt began using Google’s excellent Security Metadata Integration System. This ensures maximum security for P2P offline file-sharing activities.
- SHAREIt is available in 40 global languages, including English, Arabic, Chinese, Hindi, etc
- SHAREIt is a universal app and is compatible for use with popular operating systems, including Windows NT, Windows 10 Mobile, Mac OS, iOS and Android OS.
SHAREIt app has become the go-to for safe and fast offline file-sharing without the need for downloading an APK every time.
Best Benefits of SHAREIt for PC
These are the highlighting features and points that make SHAREIt for PC an excellent choice for secure and efficient offline file sharing today:
- Efficiency – This app runs on all popular operating systems. It allows users with different OS to share files easily. You do not require any sort of cable, conventional Wi-Fi or internet connection and data plans to share files using it. It is also remarkably faster than the modern wireless file-sharing technology in use today.
- Compatibility – This app is designed for use on multiple platforms, including Mac Os, iOS, Windows and Android which makes it universally compatible.
- Portability – This app is perfect for offline file sharing between different devices. You can use it to share files between smartphones and computers and vice versa.
- Ease – This app is excellent for sharing all types of files and formats. From simple text files to huge multimedia files and even apps, SHAREIt for PC will allow you to share these files with complete ease. In addition, its user-interface design is easiest to use and navigate by everyone.
- Free – Last, but not least, one of the main benefits of this is that this app is completely free for download and use.
Now that you know the important facts, features and benefits of using SHAREIt for PC let’s learn how to download it and use SHAREIt for faster and safer offline file sharing anywhere and at any time.
SHAREIt Download for PC
How to Download SHAREIt for PC?
Here, we will learn how to download and install SHAREIt app on your computer and smartphones. For popularity’s sake, we will describe the download and use of SHAREit for PC on Windows operating system and Android smartphones below.
Before you begin to download SHAREIt for PC you need to check if your OS version is compatible with it.
Operating System (OS) – Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
Disk Space – 6.15 MB
Safe Download – https://www.ushareit.com/
Steps to Download SHAREIt for PC
These are the two simple steps for downloading the SHAREIt app on your Windows PC:
- Visit the official SHAREIt website and click on the ‘Download for PC’ button.
- Choose to ‘Save File’.
Once SHAREIt has been successfully and completely downloaded on your PC, you will need to install it on your computer first before using it.
Steps to Install SHAREIt for PC
Follow these simple steps to get SHAREIt installed successfully on your Windows computer:
Open the location where you downloaded the app.
Double-click on the SHAREIt-KCWEB icon from the list.
Once you double-click on the file to run it you might get a security notification pop-up asking you to confirm your decision. At this, you simply need to click on “Run” button on the panel.
Yet again, you will get a pop-up notification asking you to confirm whether the app can make certain changes on your device. Here, simply click on “Yes” to proceed.
Once you do this, you will see yet another pop-up, this time displaying its license of agreement of use. It has all the relevant terms and conditions of use of SHAREIt. It is advisable to go through these terms and conditions before clicking on the “Accept” button to proceed with the installation of SHAREIt for PC.
Once you accept the terms and conditions of use, your PC will prompt you to select the location of installation of SHAREIt. The default storage space for such apps is normally in the C disk. However, you can easily browse to another disk or storage location and select it. Click on the “Next” button to proceed with installing.
The installation will also prompt to ask whether you would like a shortcut icon to be created on your Desktop for ease-of-access. Simply check the tick-box to create a shortcut for SHAREIt on your PC desktop.
Lastly, the installation wizard on your system will prompt you with a new panel once the installation is complete. In this panel, you can choose to run SHAREIt for PC as soon as you are done with the installation by checking the “Launch SHAREIt” tick-box.
How to Use SHAREIt?
Now that you have successfully downloaded and installed SHAREIt its time to learn the simple tips to use SHAREIt for PC:
The home page of the app offers you to connect with another computer or smartphone.
The “Menu” is in the form of three horizontal lines at the top-right corner of the interface. Clicking on this option will give you access to features, such as “Connecting to PC”, “Settings”, “About”, “Trusted Devices” and similar options.
Profile can be easily accessed from the lower-left corner where you will see a small “avatar” along with your username. Simply click on the avatar to make changes to it and to amend your profile as per your needs.
These options are the same as PC and smartphone users of SHAREIt.You can choose to use SHAREIt from your PC to connect with another PC or a smartphone. Also, you can use SHAREIt on your mobile smartphone to connect with another smartphone or with a PC.
There are two stages of file sharing using SHAREIt.
How to Connect with SHAREIt?
To keep things simple, here we use a scenario where you need to connect your PC with your smartphone for sharing files from your PC.
To do this, simply choose to click on “Search Hotspot of Mobile” option from the part below the username and password on the interface. This initiates a search for all available smartphone devices that have SHAREIt currently switched on in them. The interface looks like this when your PC is scanning for connection with smartphones:
This option is useful when you are wishing to connect your PC with a smartphone using Wi-Fi Direct only.
Alternately, you can choose to scan the QR code provided by the interface to ensure the faster establishment of a connection between your PC and smartphone.
After choosing the option for connecting between your PC and smartphone, the connection is established almost immediately.
How to Use SHAREIt for PC?
Once both your devices notify that the connection has been established it becomes extremely easy to share files between your PC and smartphone using SHAREIt.
As soon as the connection is successfully made, the interface opens a simple panel with an efficient “drag-and-drop” method.
You can easily browse through the media folders in your PC and choose single or multiple files to be sent to your smartphone.
As soon as the file-sharing is complete, you will get a confirmation of the activity with details in your “History” panel.
This is the complete and fast way to share files between different devices without the need for Bluetooth, NFC and removable storage devices, such as USB drives.